Media.net Ad Quality Policy
Media.net is committed to providing a fair value exchange between buyers, sellers and users and to that purpose, Media.net uses commercially reasonable efforts to provide participating buyers and sellers with a safe, transparent, and fair marketplace. We expect our advertising partners to follow certain policies on quality and behavior of ads and landing pages that are permitted through our platform(s).
By using the Media.net platform and services, each Advertiser/Demand side partner (hereafter referred to as Buyer(s)) agrees to these Policies, which may be updated at any time by posting notice of such changes on our website or by otherwise providing notice. All Buyer(s) understand that it is their sole responsibility to keep themselves updated on all policies available here. Media.net reserves the right to reject, suspend, or remove from its platforms any Buyer(s) at its sole discretion. These policies do not limit Media.net’s discretion in any way.
Buyer(s) shall defend, indemnify and hold harmless Media.net and its affiliates, and each of their officers, directors, employees and agents (each an “Indemnified Party”) from all third party claims and liabilities (including reasonable attorney’s fees and legal costs) arising from or relating to (a) any violation of this Ad Quality Policy by Buyer(s) (even if an exception has been granted), (b) any violation of applicable laws, rules, or regulations (even if an exception has been granted), or (c) any infringement or misappropriation of any intellectual property right of a third party (even if an exception has been granted). Buyer(s) will also be responsible for complying with Children's Online Privacy Protection Rule (COPPA) and California Business and Professions Code Section 22580 (“BPC 22580”) regulations based on relevant flags transmitted in bid requests.
I. Platform Policies
- Buyer(s) may only purchase inventory for use directly by an advertiser (or direct agent of an advertiser) with which you have a direct relationship.
- Reselling, distributing or otherwise sub-syndicating inventory to another indirect sales channel (e.g., another ad network or trading desk) is prohibited.
- Buyer(s) may not create targeting profiles or segments or use any targeting profiles or segments to show ads to users if such profiles or segments may lead to discriminatory treatment of a user (including but not limited to ads in relation to housing, credit, insurance, and employment).
- Buyer(s) will comply with the applicable Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) Self-Regulatory Principles published at youradchoices.com/principles and, as applicable, with the IAB Europe EU Framework for Online Behavioral Advertising and the EASA Best Practice Recommendation on Online Behavioral Advertising, which are administered by the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance and published at www.edaa.eu. They shall also comply with the enhanced notice obligations applicable to Third Parties as defined in the DAA Self-Regulatory Principles.
- Buyer(s) must provide consumers with comprehensible notice of their privacy practices, including, where appropriate, enhanced notice of behavioral targeting through mechanisms such as the Digital Advertising Alliance’s “AdChoices” icon. Advertisers that engage in behavioral advertising must also provide consumers with the ability to opt out of such targeted advertising. Buyer(s) must respect all user opt out and/or privacy signals.
- All ads placed through the Media.net’s platforms must comply with the Ad Standards and Creative Guidelines set out by the Internet Advertising Bureau at http://www.iab.com/guidelines/iab-standard-ad-unit-portfolio/ unless otherwise authorized. Ads must also comply with the Better Ads Standards and not engage in any of the “least preferred ad experiences” as identified by the Coalition for Better Ads.
- Buyer(s) shall use the personal data passed by Media.net only for the purposes of advertising, solely via the Media.net platform, on behalf of themselves or their customers or clients, and in accordance with our agreement
- Buyer(s) shall not transfer or provide the personal data of an individual they know or suspect to be a minor or child (being any data subject under the age of 13)
- No ads may request geo location data from user/browser where it is served
II. Ad Creative & Behavior Policies
Media.net’s platform focuses on sites with premium content. Advertisements that promote, contain, or link directly to the following types of content shall not be approved.
- Adult, Pornographic or any illegal content
- Tobacco, ammunition, hazardous substances, illegal drugs
- weapons and ads featuring weapons
- Ads that promote illicit or harmful activity, including ads that provide “how-to” information on bomb-making, lock-picking, and similar topics
- Death, injury or gory content
- Ads that promotes crime, hate speech, acts of aggression or other harmful acts that contains profanity and/or discriminates or is offensive to any section of people
- Online Piracy, pirating, copyright infringement, and counterfeiting
- Armed conflicts, terrorism or is intended to provoke military aggression
- Sale of drug paraphernalia and/or illegal drug use, including abuse of prescription drugs prohibited by applicable laws
- Graphic or have excessively violent content
- Contains disrespectful and harmful treatment of sensitive social topics (e.g. abortion, extreme political positions)
- Targeted harassment of individuals and groups
- Promoting File-sharing or torrent sites
- Violate any applicable law, regulation, governmental rule or court order or which contain content that is otherwise harmful or illegal
- Gambling (online and offline)
- Promotion of online pharmacies and the sale of any prescription medication is prohibited; provided, however, advertising from pharmaceutical manufacturers is allowed to the extent permissible by applicable law, rule or regulation in the jurisdiction(s) where such advertising is targeted
- Cannabis ads will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. Certain types of brand promotion advertisements for cannabis and cannabis products may be allowed, provided they meet regulatory and geographic guidelines. Any cannabis ads that contain illegal cannabis-related promotional content (e.g. appealing to children, promoting an adventurous lifestyle, making health claims, etc.) will be blocked
- Cryptocurrencies and related content (including but not limited to initial coin offerings, cryptocurrency exchanges, cryptocurrency wallets, and cryptocurrency trading advice) will be reviewed on a case-by-case-basis
- Sale of counterfeit products, imitations of designer or other goods, stolen items or any products that infringe intellectual property rights of other parties
- Any ad which requests geo location data from user/browser where it is served
- Any other content that we believe in our sole discretion to be illegal
Buyer(s) are also prohibited from sending us ads that:
- Automatically redirect the user to a new page or app without user initiation
- Automatically refresh
- Contain audio in a display ad that auto-plays (without a user click)
- Send an SMS message, or initiate a charge, without explicitly notifying a user and requiring a tap or other intentional action
- Employ phishing techniques or seek to trick the user into providing sensitive information by misrepresenting the identity of the advertiser
- Employ deceptive practices to encourage or trick the user into clicking on the ad
- Falsify any user interaction, such as faking clicks
- Expand beyond their original size
- Initiate a download without consent
- Install spyware, trojans, viruses or other malware
- Mimic system errors or messages
- Pop-up upon banner open or upon page exit
The above mentioned policies also apply to all landing pages. In addition to these
- Landing pages may not attempt to auto-download software without explicit user consent
- Landing pages must allow a user to leave the page with normal browser navigation and without spawning a confirmation dialog
- Landing pages and/or landing sites may not have the sole or primary purpose of displaying ads
Any user can raise a concern about an Ad that may be violating these policies by contacting Media.net at email@example.com.
Media.net has the right to temporarily pause or terminate any ad campaign or Buyer(s) found in violation of these policies at any time. Ad Campaigns may not commence until Media.net is satisfied that the policy is no longer in violation.